Living with Hemophilia
LIVING WITH HEMOPHILIA
Hemophilia is a lifelong, chronic and severe disease from birth. Persons with hemophilia often grow up with all the complications and the difficulties of a rare condition. In addition to receiving proper medical treatment, a person with hemophilia also needs lifelong help to become a fully developed and empowered individual.
A HOLISTIC APPROACH TO CARE:
- Physically active – Regular exercise of safe sports and activities, physical rehabilitation, and proper nutrition.
- Mentally sharp – Continuing education about hemophilia care, and skills within their physical limitations.
- Emotionally healthy – Mindful of their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, able to cope with challenges and difficulties associated with having hemophilia.
- Spiritually strong – Strong in faith, self worth and awareness of the meaning and purpose of his life.
- Socially involved – Positive, productive and supportive relationships with other people. Patients moving beyond themselves and becoming involved in community.